Friday, July 8

getting back to sewing...



I love to sew, however, it's been a while since I have taken the time to do so.  I came across the cutest apron pattern on another blog and decided to go for it.  I think it turned out darling.  I haven't used my machine in a while and it might need a tune-up, or maybe I do.  It's was my mom's... her baby.  When she passed away, I was honored to get it along with her other machine, a Babyloc.  I have yet to learn how to use the Babyloc, but need to learn as it would be quicker to finish edges with the Babyloc.

So, here's some pictures of the adorable apron I made with my youngest daughter, Lily, modeling it... I love the fabric.  I may give it to my daughter as she is moving into her own apartment soon for her senior year in college.  I made her placemats out of the same fabric, so it would be cute for her to have a matching apron.  She loves to cook, learning it from me.  It's a natural in our family to create... I grew up in an Italian restaurant my parents owned for my whole youth.  My grandmother founded it, "Mama Fazzino's".
 Maybe I just need to keep it!


I almost couldn't work on it as one of our kitties loved the fabric, too!  If you want to check out the free pattern, here's the link to the Apron Tutorial

Enjoy!

Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment